The BONN neutron star workshops aim to to bring together observers and theoreticians to exchange and discuss new ideas related to neutron star research in a one-day workshop.
STRUCTURE OF THE MEETING
As usual, our meeting will start with a 'news' session on highlights from neutron star research. There will be two additional topical sessions related to the structure and composition of neutron stars. Conference dinner (optional) is at your own expense. Lunches and coffee breaks are sponsored by the MPIfR.
TOPICS FOR THIS MEETING
Structure and composition of neutron stars
- Observational constraints (masses, radii, moment of inertia, mergers, cooling, etc.)
- Progress in theoretical modelling
- Astrophysical implications (NS equation-of-state, thermal evolution, SNe, kilonovae, etc.)
SCIENTIFIC ORGANISING COMMITTEE
- John Antoniadis (MPIfR)
- Werner Becker (MPE)
- Michael Kramer (MPIfR)
- Norbert Langer (AIfA)
- Philipp Podsiadlowski (Oxford)
- Thomas Tauris (MPIfR/AIfA)
TRANSPORT TO MPIFR/AIfA - BONN
From Bonn/Cologne Airport
- Take airport bus to Bonn central station (busses leave every ~30min)
- take a taxi (~50-70 EUR)
From Bonn central station (3 km): (busses leave every 10 min.)
- Bus 610 (direction: Duisdorf Bahnhof) get off at "Immenburg"
- Bus 611 (direction: Lessenich Sportplatz) get off at "Immenburg"
- Taxi (~10-15 EUR)