The BONN neutron star workshops aim to bring together observers and theoreticians to exchange and discuss new ideas related to neutron star research in a one-day workshop.
STRUCTURE OF THE MEETING
As usual, our meeting will start with a 'news' session on highlights from neutron star research. There will be two additional topical sessions related to peculiar supernovae and neutron stars. The conference dinner (optional) is at your own expense. Lunches and coffee breaks are sponsored by the MPIfR.
Peculiar supernovae and neutron stars
- electron capture supernovae and their possible outcomes
- the progenitors of ultra-light/ultra-massive neutron stars
- the outcome of merging white dwarfs
- possible connections between extreme supernovae and FRBs
- advances in SN simulations and predictions (masses, kicks, spins, alignments etc.)
- comparison between theory and observations
SCIENTIFIC ORGANISING COMMITTEE
- John Antoniadis (MPIfR/AIfA)
- Werner Becker (MPE)
- Marilyn Cruces (MPIfR)
- Michael Kramer (MPIfR)
- Norbert Langer (AIfA)
- Philipp Podsiadlowski (Oxford)
- Nataliya Porayko (MPIfR)
- Laura Spitler (MPIfR)
- Thomas Tauris (Aarhus)
TRANSPORT TO MPIFR/AIfA - BONN
From Bonn/Cologne Airport
- Take airport bus to Bonn central station (buses leave every ~30min)
- take a taxi (~50-70 EUR)
From Bonn central station (3 km): (busses leave every 10 min.)
- Bus 610 (direction: Duisdorf Bahnhof) get off at "Immenburg"
- Bus 611 (direction: Lessenich Sportplatz) get off at "Immenburg"
- Taxi (~10-15 EUR)
The MPIfR has a family room (equipped with toys, a changing table, a sofa and a desk) that can be made available to the participants and their families during the meeting. The talks can also be broadcasted to the room, if needed. We are also able to provide support for childcare. If you require this service, please e-mail John Antoniadis (janton at mpifr.de) as soon as you register
CODE OF CONDUCT
BONN NS workshops adhere to the code of conduct of the Max Planck Society.
Participants are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the MPG policies outlined here